Custom Antisera Production
Nittobo America Inc. offers you Three animal facilities to conduct your Custom Polyclonal Antibody Production in goats and/or sheep.
"Your Preferred Source for Polyclonal Antisera"
Boone, Iowa: Situated on a 9 acre plot in rural Boone County, Iowa. Animals are housed in barns and on impervious surfaces.
Murrieta, California: On 70 acres of farm land in Murrieta County. Animals are allowed access to shelters and grazing pastures.
Both facilities offer you the following:
- 30 years expertise in the production of polyclonal antiserum in goats and sheep.
- ISO Certification
- USDA Approved Technical Plant for collection and exporting to the EU.
Terms of Contract include:
- All “animal use” protocols will be required to be reviewed and approved by Nittobo America Inc., (NTB-A) local Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) prior to initiation.
- All animals assigned to the project shall remain the property of NTB-A.
- Antigen provided by Customer must be certified as Non-Infectious / Non-Pathogenic. The Customer must accept liability for all damages incurred should humans or other animals become infected as a result of the use of these immunogens.
- Antigen needs to be provided in a ready to use formulation in sufficient quantity and in a timely manner by Customer. NTB-A will provide Freund’s adjuvant.
- NTB-A will provide husbandry, maintenance, immunization, bleeding, and administrative services
- NTB-A will maintain all documentation of activities on animals utilized in these programs. Customer may review these upon request with a reasonable period of prior notification
- The minimum length of a program is 9 months
- Occasionally animals may become sick or injured in the course of these projects. NTB-A will not be held responsible for loss of animals utilized in these programs. NTB-A will provide an ordinary level of quality care and handling of animals.
- Production bleeds are collected using an automated plasmapheresis machine, either plasma or serum can be provided with or without a preservative. Any testing, analysis or additional processing must be specifically contracted for and additional charges will apply.
- NTB-A will make every reasonable attempt to maximize antiserum production from animals used in these projects while at the same time being mindful of the health and well-being of the animals used.
- Pricing is based upon individual events that are contracted for. Here are examples of events.
- Initiation fee per animal
- Daily animal maintenance fee
- Test bleeds (preimmune and post immunization)
- Production bleeds on a per ml basis (min charge applies)
- Conversion of plasma to serum
- Packaging / Handling fee
- Shipping charges
- Document fees
Please contact our Sales Department to discuss your custom program requirements